Protein Hot Chocolate

Share the joy

Hot Chocolate 1

Protein Hot Chocolate

Serves: 1

Happy Sunday! I hope you had a fabulous holiday with your family and friends! I know it has been awhile since I shared a recipe with you, but I took a bit of time to unplug and really enjoy the holiday! I will admit, as nice as it was to not be attached to technology for the week, a part of me missed it too! I missed sharing recipes, communicating with readers and reading other blogs! Makes me feel like I am very out of the loop! I’m sure within the next week I will be caught up though!

Since the New Year always means the start of “extra” clean eating and revised exercise regiments, I thought I would share this delicious (and quick) recipe for hot chocolate! It is the perfect drink so sip on during the cold (and snowy) winter nights that are now upon us! I hope you enjoy!

Fit Ingredients

• 1c coconut milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1/2 scoop (15g) chocolate casein protein powder
  • 1-2 tbs Hershey Dark Chocolate cocoa powder (use more if you like a deep chocolate flavor)
  • 1-2 packets Sweet N’ Low ( use 2 packets for a sweeter drink)

Directions

1. In a blender (or shaker) combine all ingredients. Blend well.

2. Transfer your drink to a microwave safe glass.

3. Microwave on high 1.5-2.5 minutes (depending on how hot you’d like your drink)

4. Enjoy!

Hot Chocolate 3

This makes the perfect, guilt free, dessert drink! When you are craving something sweet (and chocolate) this will definitely hit the spot! The addition of the Sweet N’ Low gave it just the right amount of sweetness without adding any calories like regular sugar would!

Nutrition: (for the entire recipe – using 1 tbs cocoa)

Calories: 115.0, Protein: 14.0g, Carbs: 6.5g, Fat: 5.5g (5g Saturated), Sodium: 190mg, Fiber: 3g (Net Carbs: 3.5g)

*********************************************************************************************************************

Disclaimer

This post is part of a DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker program with Sweet N’ Low.

Share the joy

Comments

1. Tracey says

I’ve found sometimes when I microwave protein powder it tends to get gloppy, maybe I’ll try heating the coconut milk first then stirring the powder in after. This looks so good!

2. Rachel says

Can you recommend all the protein powders you would buy? Ones that are most digestively friendly or most palatable, etc? Thank you.

• Sarah says

HI Rachel, If you let me know what you are looking to do with the protein powders (drink, bake, pre workout, post workout, etc) I can let you know which work best for ME. However, I can’t say that they will be the best for you or taste as good to you as they do me. I own 17 different kinds of protein, which is unrealistic for most people to go out and buy, so let me know what your goal is and I can head you in the right direction.

• Michelle says

Hi Sarah, wanted to start off by saying that I love your blog and recipes. This morning I had the banana pumpkin mash w/ some crushed raw almonds, cinammon, and unsweetened coconut flakes SO DELISH!!!!!! Anyway, could you please recommend a protein for baking, and one to take as a supplement for before/after workouts. I understand this is subjective but just looking for some suggestions. Thanks!

• Sarah says

Hi Michelle! I am so glad you are enjoying the site! :) As far as protein…..before/after a workout you want a whey protein. My favorite right now is Jay Robb Vanilla whey. It is creamy, mixes well and has great flavor. Plus it is very clean. My second choice would be Optimum Nutrition Whey – French Vanilla or Strawberry. As for baking the most versatile protein powder would be a plant based such as a hemp. However, vanilla hemp protein powder is naturally green, so many people don’t like that. I would try SunWarrior Vanilla. I say vanilla because it is more easy to customize the flavor with fruit/nut butters/cocoa powder, etc, where chocolate or other flavors are pretty much you get what you get. Does that help?! :)

3. says

YUM!!!! I use stevia so that might work for others that don’t do the sweeteners although I also use Splenda. I know many don’t like to use these sweeteners but I use both. I love NuNaturals stevia! Best tasting to me & they have a few different flavors now…. alcohol free ones too! :)

4. says

Sarah, I’m so glad you stepped away from technology for a few days. It’s’ so important that we spend quality time with our love ones, especially over the holidays. I won’t lie though, I am glad to see your back… with another awesome recipe =)

• Sarah says

Thank you so much Jessie! I hope you and Joshua have a fantastic New Year! I will be emailing you back today or tomorrow!

5. says

Oh man, I feel so “out of the loop” too, but taking a week off from technology is so refreshing as well–back to being eager and excited about reading, commenting, posting, etc. And mmm, hot chocolate. I’ve made cold protein chocolate-milk before, so yup, definitely the season for hot now.

Add Comment Register